Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Centralized firmware updates and changelog page?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Searinox

Romania
48 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2020 :  08:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Every now and then the dev team comes up with a new firmware revision for their many devices, adding features, fixing bugs and overall increasing the value of their products.

In light of this, I'd like to ask why there is not/aren't any dedicated page(s), forum thread(s) etc. where it's possible to read about the latest firmware versions for your products and what they change.

Rather than having to periodically inquire personally what the latest firmware versions are for my devices, it would be very nice to be able to just check a Firmware Release History page or something of the sort.

Would you consider putting one up? I'd say it would serve your interests well too.

Edited by - Searinox on 08/05/2020 08:40:34
Reply #1

mojo66

Germany
32 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2020 :  09:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be consumer friendly. And modern.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  23:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be a huge step forward
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

kotarak

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  10:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely agree! This is a "must have" for products in development. I am not sure why developer choose not to publish the changelog and current firmware version but instead are enduring numerous requests from users?
As a user-based community we can probably track version numbers ourselves but the changelog is a different story. I posted the same request last summer but with no response from the developers
For GQ GMC-600+ as far as I know latest released version is 2.21.
Version 2.18 has a bug with Audio being turned off in Food mode.
This bug is fixed in 2.21 but a new bug is introduced - crash in Text mode when reading is high.
The crash is supposedly fixed in an unreleased yet version 2.22
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2021 :  16:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kotarak
This bug is fixed in 2.21 but a new bug is introduced - crash in Text mode when reading is high.

I have firmware version 2.21 on my 600+ and I have discovered a new bug. If you press S2 and S3 to take a screenshot, then go to:
S4
Save Data
Screenshots
The device will hang then restarts. I don't know if this is the case with you as well or if my unit is defective! Could you please do this favor and try this test?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

kotarak

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2021 :  17:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tested the screen shots on v2.18 (I downgraded from 2.21 because of the text mode bug) and it works fine on my unit. Screen shots are saved, no restart.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

lars.dietrich

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2021 :  05:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have still 2.21 on my device and this issue is reproducible. Didn't know so far, since I never tried screenshots.
I will forward it to the team.

Regards,
Lars

quote:
Originally posted by ihab17

quote:

I have firmware version 2.21 on my 600+ and I have discovered a new bug. If you press S2 and S3 to take a screenshot, then go to:
S4
Save Data
Screenshots
The device will hang then restarts. I don't know if this is the case with you as well or if my unit is defective! Could you please do this favor and try this test?
Thanks

Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2021 :  10:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys we are aware of this issue and trying to find a fix. It seems like a firmware bug.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

kotarak

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2021 :  17:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi guys we are aware of this issue and trying to find a fix. It seems like a firmware bug.

Hi EmfDev, since there is no published changelog how do we know when a fix is available so we can start bugging (no pun intended) your support department for a firmware updater.
So far this bug and the crash in text mode bug are pretty significant impairments of major features. I dont use screenshots daily but suffice to say all my slots were filled before I attempted to use ver 2.21. Text mode on the other hand is something I use quite often and unfortunately with high activity readings (radioactive mineral specimen surveys) First time I tried v2.21 and a nice green torbernite specimen caused an immediate crash of the unit.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

WigglePig

27 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  01:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using Re2.24 in a 500+ and this behaviour also occurs with this device.

Edited by - WigglePig on 01/21/2021 01:11:01
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  01:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi EmfDev, since there is no published changelog how do we know when a fix is available so we can start bugging (no pun intended) your support department for a firmware updater.
So far this bug and the crash in text mode bug are pretty significant impairments of major features. I dont use screenshots daily but suffice to say all my slots were filled before I attempted to use ver 2.21. Text mode on the other hand is something I use quite often and unfortunately with high activity readings (radioactive mineral specimen surveys) First time I tried v2.21 and a nice green torbernite specimen caused an immediate crash of the unit.

See here https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9517
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

kkanakis

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  09:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been slacking, and hadn't kept up with this device and forum. What's the latest firmware for 320v5+? Currently running 5.16 ....

Miller
Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  07:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kkanakis

I have been slacking, and hadn't kept up with this device and forum. What's the latest firmware for 320v5+? Currently running 5.16 ....

Gotta ask EMFDEV
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

balthus

Belgium
4 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  03:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I would also vote or like to see a firmware page with some history.
I don't really understand why firmware update needs to be on demand and providing the serial number.
Maybe gmc fears that some ppl would try to reverse engineer the firmware?

At least firmware page with history, date of release, fixed bugs, known bugs is very convenient and avoid to search in forum and/or ask the same questions and issues.

Best regards,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000