USB Download Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lanman

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  10:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. I have been pulling logs from the emf390 everyday for the past 2 months. When I connect the emf390 to my windows 10 computer, the download process takes approximately 10-15 minutes which is slow! Twice I have connected and downloaded the data in less than 1 minute but every other time it is extremely slow. I have checked the serial port settings and they seem to be correct. Any idea how I might get this resolved? Thanks much.
Sincerely,
lanman
Reply #1

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  12:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi lanman, you need to open ta csv file with a different software like excel.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

lanman

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  16:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This problem occurs when attempting to download the data from the emf390. How to I transfer the data from the emf390 to my computer using Excel?
Also, on a side note, I have already tried a different cable and a different physical usb port which in turn assigned a completely different com port so I don't think either of those is a problem. Windows 10 is always updating which I hate :(. I am thinking just before I had two days of fast connectivity that Windows 10 did an update. And then after two days, Windows 10 performed another update at which point the connectivity speed went back down to a crawl. Perhaps there is an issue with the Windows 10 driver? Just a thought. Hopefully you will be able to help me resolve the issue because an extra 15 minutes every day is beginning to add up just in the amount of time I am sitting and waiting for the download to complete.

Edited by - lanman on 04/15/2019 19:08:46
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  09:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I misunderstood your first question. We are still looking for a way to make it faster. Can you please try to check the 'pause' box to see if it has something to do with the downloading? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

lanman

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  16:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I selected the 'pause' box and then downloaded the data. Unfortunately, there was no improvement in the transfer speed :(.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  12:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will try to see if we can fix it. Because it's sometimes fast and sometimes slow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000