Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Is the GMC-320 meant to be running 24/7?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeluh

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2022 :  12:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows if the GMC-320 unit is ok to run 24/7 and make observations, or only be used for occasional measurements? If I'm correct, the warranty is only one year. I heard about some issues with the unit rebooting or some other random things that at first sight seem to be one-off defective units.
Are there any parts that have a limited life in the unit?

Thanks,
Mike

GMC-320 v5
Reply #1

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2022 :  14:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi mikeluh, the unit is ok to run 24/7. The issues with rebooting has been fixed with the latest firmware updates. The tube lifetime however is around 50Million ticks but it will take few years to reach it unless you are using it for high radiation measurements.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

StevenL

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  15:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi mikeluh, the unit is ok to run 24/7. The issues with rebooting has been fixed with the latest firmware updates. The tube lifetime however is around 50Million ticks but it will take few years to reach it unless you are using it for high radiation measurements.

Hello EMF DEV,

Thanks for this info. With my new GCM500+ I intend to run 24/7 for some months to get good background data.

I did not realize there was an actual count life of the tubes. The GCM500+ has two tubes, the smaller one seems to be Russianin origin, the larger one I cant see it (covered in black wrap). Is there info available on these tubes, specs, part no. etc? I would like to read more about them. In the GCM500+, I can find no info in the unit SW. Any help would be appreciated.

Steven Lightfoot

Steven Lightfoot, Eng.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000