Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Strong walkie talkie signal to harm emf-390?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TominoP

Czech Republic
2 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  06:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I have a weird experience during testing my new emf-390 device. My main idea was to verify how strong is RF signal from my Baofeng UV-5R walkie talkie if the output value 5W provided by the producer is true or false.

So let's get started:

Switch on my emf-390 go to allInOne mode and select RF+ measurement
Then switch on my Baofeng uv-5r a frequency of 412Mhz start to broadcast.

Then something weird happened to my device emf-390. EMF-390 showed in their display that battery is fully charged (but I didn't connect it into charge - no cable connect)

When the test was repeated several times device measured 50000mW/m2 it's a crazy high value. After every test, the device (emf-390) had weird behavior (display boosts the backlight - or switched off for a while - or shows battery icon)

So my question is could this strong signal from baofeng walkie talkie interfere with my emf-390 or could cause some damage in their electronics after this testing?

Maybe it is the correct behavior when the emf-390 was exposure to a strong signal, I don't really know.

Give me please answer or if you have guy's similar experience please write a comment below. We can talk about it.

See ya

Edited by - TominoP on 01/10/2020 06:44:34
Reply #1

EmfDev

2142 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  10:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TominoP, it looks like some noise interference that messed up the USB charging signal. We tested with 2W walkie talkie but didn't have problems. It should not be able to damage the hardware. Keep watching on this one if something goes wrong with the device even when not testing, then let us know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000