New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GQ390user

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  06:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I recently purchased a GQ-390 and have a few questions about the various readings I'm getting in different modes.

1. When using all in one mode, the RF reading is always 0.001 mW/m2 and rarely changes or goes above 0.002. It seems to be displaying mainly ---- (unknown source)but changes to static or mixed sources for some of the time.

However, when I change the mode to vertical the RF reading is about 100 times higher at around 0.113 to 0.450 mW/m2 mainly at @ 636 or 952 MHz, which seems more likely.

When I change the mode to table I am getting much smaller readings, e.g. 636 MHz @ 251pW or 952MHz @ 100pW.
When I change to RF spectrum mode, using the 240 to 1040MHz band (fully zoomed out) I am reading e.g. 636MHz at 251pW 960MHz @ 251pW.
I am waiting at least 20 seconds before comparing readings in different modes.
Why is there such a big difference in readings in various modes, such as all in one, vertical and other modes but similar readings in Table and RF spectrum mode?

2. When measuring electric fields, I seem to be getting very high static readings (regardless of outside weather) e.g. 400 to 800 V/m on conductive and non conductive surfaces and grounded installations e.g. memory foam mattress, pillow, wooden chair, radiators, metal framed chair, pipes etc. I would assume, EF readings should only be this high on the surfaces of electrical cables, switches, electrical appliances, power lines, etc. Are these readings correct?
Reply #1

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2019 :  08:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi GQ390user, may I ask what firmware are you using?

For the EF, some static readings are high, that's why sometimes you can see a spark from those in the dark. Does the EF go ever go low when not measuring? or measuring thins with no static? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

GQ390user

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2019 :  12:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I check the firmware? I can only see Revision: 2.31

The EF reading only goes low when I'm standing in the middle of the room or at least 20cms away from any surface, usually reading about 20 or 30 V/m. All surfaces seem to be reading static.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2019 :  12:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please email support for new firmware update? Thanks!

Looks like there's lots of static charges in your room.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000