Posted - 06/02/2021 : 23:11:13
First some background, followed by my questions further down.
To start with, I am living in the Philippines. Inside our gated subdivision, a cell tower was errected recently. The entire project is quite controversial, but it got the backing of the board, so here we are.
I have a GQ EMF-390 devise and started to walk around the village taking measurements. This is what I gathered so far:
- There are two (2) different sources which cause the devise to beep, flash its light and show a "High" reading, namely the cell tower as well as a particular stretch of a power line;
- Throughout the village, the RF readings in mW/m2 are Normal with very small values;
- Throughout the village, the EF readings in V/m are Normal with very small values, except if I go near a computer;
- I thus measure now in Vertical mode only and concentrate on EMF readings in mG;
- Along many, most roads, the readings are Normal, so I am not focusing on those anymore;
- There is a certain stretch of a power line for which the reading is always High, >10 mG, the devise is beeping and flashing. That stretch of power line is actually quite interesting: from the main entrance along Road A up to the corner of Street B; then along Street B up to the corner of Street C; then along Street C up to another corner of Road A; then along Road A up to another village at the other end of our subdivision. Basically, the EMF readings along other stretches of Road A and Streets B and C do only show Normal readings, although there are also power lines, as there are power lines on every street inside the village.
- Around the new cell tower, the EMF readings are also > 10 mG, with the devise beeping and showing High. Now, interestingly, the stretches of Streets B and C with the high readings pass by the cell tower lot, so there are some spots, where I get Mixed readings (I guess from the power line AND the cell tower).
Now my questions:
1. The GQ EMF-390 devise came with a card, indicating that an EMF radiation of > 3 mG is not recommended for long time stay. Both, cell tower and power line cause radiation which far exceed this. Is there a source for this recommendation? What can I quote to state that the levels measured are actually dangerously? Have in mind, the RF and EF readings are always low, what’s high is the EMF reading only.
2. Does EMF reading compound? What EMF values should I expect in the areas, where cell tower and power line are closely together?
3. Are the beeping and/or the light and/or the “High” based on some scientifically founded settings? Which? Do I need to be concerned? The power line passes by our house and I get High readings inside the second floor of our house, which is on the same level as the power line.
4. I intend to do a systematic survey next weekend. Is there a way to capture any specific reading with GPS coordinates, so I can later map this to a map? If not, what do other people do to plot the readings to a map, without having to enter each reading manually into a spreadsheet and specify the exact location of the reading?
Thank you, Blumentritt
Edited by - Blumentritt on 06/02/2021 23:33:15