Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

37TS

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2020 :  10:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. I hope you're having a nice day.

I'll keep this straight to the point.
Basically, I'm searching for some Beta+- and Double Beta+- sources among those of the following list that are legally and commercially available.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclides

I'm a responsible individual and I'm really concerned about radiation more in general but I do like to try some experiments for the sake of science and knowledge.

I'm interested in acquiring/buying even fractions of a gram of anything that fits the description but I can buy more if that's the only option available.

And to be totally honest with you all, I'll never dispose of the samples improperly or illegally. I'm just searching for a reliable and reputable company but, with the way algorithms work out there, it's next to impossible to find any. I did find some in the north of europe, a big manufacturer of tritium vials, signs and tritium gas but I'm definitely not interested in gaseous sources due to their "pervasive" nature.

Anything in the range of 10000 CPM would be ideal for my tests.

You may think that I'm overly "zealous" with the following but I'm willing to be signaled to the authorities, to send all possible personal data, ID, passport and whatnot, ANYTHING to be able to do these tests.

I know that many "kids"(even grown ups) are getting crazy out of "beta lights" and the dream of "free energy" out of tritium vials, solar panels and strontium aluminate or phosphorous compounds, but, I'm not "that guy".

I have "loads" of experiments that I'd like to try. I'm even buying a microscope with which I'd like to take some slow-mo of turbulent reactions inside a cloud chamber to better understand brownian motion and fluid dynamics, among many other things.

If there's a good and honest soul that's willing to share some info to feed my cravings for knowledge, I'd really appreciate any effort in this direction.

Sincerely, Adriano (Italy).

P.s. : I also keep a collection of minerals but I studied enough to avoid anything that resembled radioactive ores and, believe it or not, I managed to get some 30(ish) different samples and most of them are below my local background. I can use the geiger to find some, but with lockdowns, covid and whatnot, I'm out of luck at the moment.

Edited by - 37TS on 12/30/2020 10:46:16
Reply #1

37TS

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2021 :  09:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not even one single suggestion nor a comment?

How come?

What's wrong with this?

Clicking like there's no tomorrow!!! XD
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

kotarak

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  14:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can try here:
h**p://www.spectrumtechniques.com/products/sources/

They will ship internationally but you need to fill in a form for Import of radioactive material.
If such source is allowed to own in your country they'll ship it to you!
These sources are "Exempt Quantity" in US and can be owned with no license but can not be transferred to another person so best is to try to buy them from Spectrum Techniques.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000