GMC 600+ menu settings possible bug FW2.52
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2024 :  19:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just updated my GMC 600+ to firmware 2.52. I have a question on a couple of the menu settings what is the high voltage calibration setting for? You can either enable it or disable it but I don’t see any other settings for it. And under tube settings then Enable Deadtime there is no enable or disable. It’s the actual deadtime in microseconds shouldn’t it be enable or disable?
And finally under the setting for tube dead time where I usually would expect the microseconds, it doesn’t do anything it kicks back to the previous menu?
I’m suspecting that this is a bug that needs to be corrected unless I’m wrong. Please let me know.
See video using link below.
Bob

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P6x_xDGTTcfCqEuVpxWcl_Ay6C137e8s/view?usp=share_link]

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
Nikola Tesla

Edited by - Bobakman on 02/13/2024 20:06:03
Reply #1

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2024 :  21:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK if I didn’t make that video, I would think I was crazy. I just found out after powering the machine down and powering it back up again it now works as it should go figure.
I would still like an explanation, though of how the high-voltage calibration works because now, when I click on it, it doesn’t show enable disable. It shows a three digit number like 161 and a voltage next to it.
Bob

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ihab17

Italy
213 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2024 :  05:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bobakman

OK if I didn’t make that video, I would think I was crazy. I just found out after powering the machine down and powering it back up again it now works as it should go figure.
I would still like an explanation, though of how the high-voltage calibration works because now, when I click on it, it doesn’t show enable disable. It shows a three digit number like 161 and a voltage next to it.
Bob

I was running version 2.51 then updated to 2.52 which automatically did a hard reset and all values came to factory default. It has been like so since the oldest version it came with, 2.4x. So the new FW did NOT introduce those sub menus in your video, they were there all the time, but unfortunately the documentation is inexistent and one can only speculate and play around with those values like trial and error to figure out what they exactly do.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2024 :  10:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ihab17

quote:
Originally posted by Bobakman

Bob

I was running version 2.51 then updated to 2.52 which automatically did a hard reset and all values came to factory default. It has been like so since the oldest version it came with, 2.4x. So the new FW did NOT introduce those sub menus in your video, they were there all the time, but unfortunately the documentation is inexistent and one can only speculate and play around with those values like trial and error to figure out what they exactly do.

Thanks again. The funny thing is I did another factory reset after the firmware updater did one and that is when I noticed the error in the function of the menus it was only after I powered it down and checked it again that the menus were then functioning normally.
I guess I will chock it up to the "buggy" nature of the GMC 600+ LOL!
And yess it would be nice if the device manual had specifics as to each menu use and function . Hoping Emfdev is listening and updates the manual and provides a firmware history change log
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000