GMC-600+ Speaker Whine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gkCyclone

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2023 :  17:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a GMC-600+ with Firmware version 2.52 and it has a very audible whine when the speaker setting is set to "OFF".

If I leave the speaker setting to "ON", it clicks (for each "detect" event as expected), but it also has a very faint high pitched whine sound.

Now for the real problem.....
If I turn the speaker setting to "OFF", I don't hear the clicks, but the "whine" noise is considerably louder, very audible in a quiet room (like a bedroom).

Firmware version is 2.52.
Not sure if this is a hardware or firmware issue. I still have time to return the unit to Amazon, which I will do if I cannot get it resolved quickly.

The sound is unaffected by the backlight being on or off.

The sound peak is exactly 2500 Hz (measured)- with observable harmonics at 5000 Hz and 1250 Hz. Its loud enough to be able to clearly pick up with my cell phone microphone when placed near the unit in a room with computer fans, etc.

The ironic thing is that the sound is about 30 db louder when the speaker setting is set to "OFF". It is very faint when the speaker setting is set to "ON", but still present.

Unfortunately, I can hear it across the room in a quiet room. In a room with computer fans, etc. I can hear it easily from 2 feet away over the other noise.

I also have a 500+, and hear exactly ZERO whine from that unit when the speaker is set to "OFF" regardless of the settings or backlight. My 500+ has Firmware rev 2.49 and the 600+ has firmware version 2.52.

I performed a "Factory Reset" on the 600+ and nothing changed. The whine is still there when the speaker setting is set to "OFF". Thinking of returning it to Amazon for exchange while I still can. But would prefer to have a Firmware fix if the problem isn't the Hardware.

Anyone else out there with a 600+ and hears a very noticeable whine when the speaker setting is set to "OFF"?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000