600+ going crazy while charging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

livewire

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2023 :  14:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had the 600+ just over a week now. Not done a full charge until today. As arrived with a good charge, did give some charge a few days ago.
It had turned off over night so needed charging up. first full charge i have given it. looked at it after it had been on several hours. took hold of it and was scrolling through the menu.
When it started to bleep a bit (speaker is off) and started to give a high reading. put the unit down and it was just bleeping with a high reading.
Turned it off. turned it on, it was ok. But when I handled it, it once again went crazy.
Disconnected from charging (removing usb lead) handling, using the unit it worked as it should giving a steady background and responding to some LowSalt (my current test source)
So seems to be during charging, will get a video if it does it again.
usb cable seems to be a good nice tight fit in to the unit (not lose)
will also try another charger?
Reply #1

EmfDev

2159 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2023 :  11:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi livewire, if it happens consistently please try to use a different cable. Or does it happen when you touch specific place on the device? Or happens randomly.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

livewire

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2023 :  04:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think it is the lead, tried another psu. seems to malfunction when moving the lead about. thought it could had been the unit, but if its disconnected from unit its fine. just need to get a new lead, that was the one that came with the device. Dont know if i have got any of those usb types as mostly micro usb or type c now.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

livewire

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2023 :  12:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Replaced the original lead with a new one. Now charges with no issue. So must be a short / bad pin connections on the lead. The meter was certainly not happy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000