Data Viewer V2.69, needs revising
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GTS

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2024 :  23:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latest version, V2.69 of the "Data Viewer" only works after a certain amount of finagling. Connections are reported as successful on COM4. The correct GM device is identified. The heartbeat is reported as started. The Realtime Monitoring check box is checked (this seems to revert back to unchecked most of the time), but nothing is showing up on the graph!

Checking the serial port setting in the app says Port: 3, Rate: 57600, Data bit: 8, Parity: None, Stop Bits: 1, Control: None. Noticing that the port is wrong, I change it to COM4 and the Rate to 115200 and punch OK. But for some reason the settings revert to the previous settings!?

So I decided to fire up GeigerLog V1.5 v79. It connects no problem. The quicklog works. Everything WORKS.

I close down Geigerlog and restart GQ GMC Data Viewer V2.69 and it connects and the realtime monitoring box is checked and the graph is being filled in. So I check the app Serial Port Settings and it's set to Port 3, at a rate of 57600 with the rest of the settings being OK. So I check my computers device manager which is port 4 at 115200. This setting seems to be TOTALLY useless and always wrong.

Back to the app which for some reason has stopped graphing!? However when it was working minutes ago, the reported CPM of 55 was reported as .357 uSv/hr. This is calculated to be 154 CPM for 1 uSv/hr. This is not what it should be for the GMC600+ which is 354.1 CPM for 1 uSv/hr. My GMC is reporting the correct uSv/hr based on 354.1 rate. The app says it's connected to a GMC-600+Re 2.52. Now I know that the 154 CPM is for the Geiger tubes in the 300 and 500 series and this was apparently the default setting.

AS for the Data Logger PRO V5.61, that one takes a little less finagling to eventually work. It has the same sort of non response to graphing until it is primed with Geigerlog.

BTW, this happens with the GQE provided cable and two other cables I have, one new. Also happens with either a direct connect port or a hub.

The Geigerlog app seems to be immune to this behavior and temporally passes on this immunity to both GQ apps. How strange is that!

Reply #1

Ozark1

3 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2024 :  09:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I moved my GMC-320+ to another PC(win10) and installed GQGMCDataViewer2.69 and had the same problem. I had a saved copy of GQGMCDataViewer2.63 and it installed and worked fine.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

EmfDev

2234 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2024 :  10:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to configuration and read from device. It should sync it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000