Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Pre-Purchase Questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zapu2 Posted - 07/28/2021 : 22:29:30
Hi, the EMF-390 is my top choice atm but I have a few questions and thought maybe could get the answers here :)

I never used to have any concerns about EMF/RF effects until I bought a set of Sony wireless headphones. After 6 months or more of use I started to notice headaches with several hours use. I don't use them anymore and I no longer have headaches.

The main purpose for me is to clean up my computer environment. I can hear a high pitched hiss almost all the time now and I guess there is more too that I can't hear.

Questions
1. is this meter the right choice to help me detect what is being generated by my computer/peripherals?
2. After I fit shielding or similar is the meter sensitive to detect areas of leakage?
3. Can I use this meter to check the quality(dirtyness) of the electric supply?
4. A few posts here and some others I found on unrelated sites talk about updating firmware. The main GQ download page does not include firmware updates.
4a. How to know when you should look to update firmware?
4b. The user manual GQ-EMF-360V2-380V2-390_UserGuide.pdf does not describe how to update the firmware. Where would this be found?

Thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zapu2 Posted - 07/30/2021 : 02:07:27
Hi EmfDev,

Thanks for your reply and answers, I have now ordered from Amazon.de for delivery to me in Austria.

EmfDev Posted - 07/29/2021 : 09:20:26
Hi Zapu2,

The noise you usually hear from your cpu comes from fan, gpu, hard drive, other electronic components. The more intensive apps/games you use, the louder they get.

1. Yes the EMF meter is the right tool to detect radiation from your computer.
2. Yes the meter should detect leakage, EMF is hard to shield.
3. No it cannot measure dirty electricity.
4,a,b. We ship new units with latest firmware. If you need to update you just need to contact support with a serial number from the device. Then they will send you a link to you firmware update and instructions on how to download.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000