Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 New user with many question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Electro Posted - 12/19/2021 : 16:14:28
Hello I just received my EMF-390 2 days ago and used it quite a bit already, I slept my first night at <10 V/m EF perhaps for the first time in my entire life!

And I am also very happy about this forum in the hope of finding some answers to my questions.

Many things to read! many questions! I'll start on that tomorrow.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 04/25/2022 : 10:14:15
Hi jmd, that's good to hear :). You don't need to worry about the EF if there is no EMF. Since it can just be static EF and static EF is present from everywhere.
jmd Posted - 04/25/2022 : 02:35:35
To follow up on my adventures I did move out of the apartment with the cell tower nearby. I had bought some RF fabric and this seemed to make a difference so I took the plunge and moved to a new apartment after testing the new apartment for cell tower radiation.

Here it is almost 3 months later and the PVCs (heart arrhythmia) are 95-98% gone. The headaches and such are gone as well. I still get occasional PVCs.

Occasionally my EF meter is reading in the 50s and I'll have to deal with that in time.

Thanks for selling a quality unit a novice like me can use.
EmfDev Posted - 01/10/2022 : 11:39:33
@Electro, to answer your questions, the .24-10GHz is from 240MHz to 10GHz range. In that range, RF can be detected, but the missing bands from spectrum means that those specific frequencies cannot be analyzed. The RF would not be able determine which frequency is detected if the frequency lands on the missing bands. But if the frequency is between 240MHz-10GHz. It would still be detected and will tell you how high it was together with other dominant bands.
Electro Posted - 12/30/2021 : 15:18:42
Yeah I think it's what we need to do, research, sorry to hear about your air pollution and headaches. Air pollution it's a real problem in Asia, and it's probably coming here too in North America. We have smog often here in Quebec Canada, a good air filter is required in the house.

I am doing a survey of the electric fields right in my basement with the body voltage test. And I found a faulty circuit already where I have very high EFs up to 3.7v passing through my body at some places, the GQ EMF-390 goes up very high as well. It's nice to have 2 different instruments validating themselves.

My circuit #12 has harmonic in it obviously, I'll have to investigate to understand why exactly but I highly suspect that the problem is caused by an electronic ballast neon fixture.

jmd Posted - 12/29/2021 : 20:09:24
Thanks for tips @Electro. I'll start the new year researching.

March and April are horrible for air pollution in this city. I'll take a trip somewhere and see if the headaches and such disappear. If so then I know the cause is RF.
Electro Posted - 12/29/2021 : 11:02:34
Hemm perhaps a curtain of RF fabric in the corner of the balcony, in some kind of vertical box to store it when not in use, just under the roof. Then you pull it out in 2 directions, 1 along the building and the other one along the the handrail, to get some kind of a "corner shield" But the fabric would need to be inserted inside of some kind of structure to keep it steady against the wind.

But I don't know if a Faraday cage can have only 2 sides and be effective.

I am not a fan of anything wireless either, I also use wired computer, mouse and keyboard. All this wireless and 5G is non sense to me, internet of things, no thanks

jmd Posted - 12/29/2021 : 09:02:06
I turned the wifi off on both of my routers. My computers are wired. I do not own a TV so that cuts out another potential wifi signal. The only wireless in my room is 2 cell phones to cell towers and 1 cell phone to watch via Bluetooth. In my world, the only problem I see is the cell tower glaring at me every day. hahaha

Since the early days of wifi, bluetooth and home computers I have never been a fan. I still have a wired mouse and keyboard.
jmd Posted - 12/29/2021 : 08:51:27
@Electro The numbers are the default reading on EMF-390. mW/m²

Being in the tropics with a brutal sun beating down on us I had thought more about making some screens to place a few inches from the wall with RF shielding fabric. I am sure there would be some leakage though.

My main concern is spending time on the balcony where there is no way to block the RF. See the picture.

Thanks for the info on the paint.

Electro Posted - 12/29/2021 : 08:45:35
@jmd

This is an experiment I did to cut some RFs coming out from my router, but I am not sure this is definitive of if there is something else I don't understand.

But it looks like preventing a certain amount of RFs from reaching the meter.

it's a simple sheet of aluminum installed on a piece of cardboarad.

https://vimeo.com/660966620

Electro Posted - 12/29/2021 : 08:19:08
@jmd

I am not a scientist and just a hobbyist trying to figure out some solutions myself. My first question is, these numbers you talk about for RF, 60 to 200 readings and peaks of around 601. What is the unit of measure on the meter? µW/m² - mW/m² or µW/cm² ?

If the numbers are in µW/m², they are not that high. If they are in mW/m² or µW/cm² then it's higher but perhaps not impossible to shield at all.

You could try the Yshield paint for your walls with some curtains made out of RF shielding fabric for the the windows and patio doors.

h**ps://www.yshield.com/en/yshield-shielding-paint-hsf54-hf-nf-5-liter_150_1081/

(Replace ** with tt)

Screening attenuation

At a yield of 4 sqm/l:
At 1 GHz: Single layer 44 dB | Double layer 53 dB | Three layer 60 dB
At a yield of 8 sqm/l:
At 1 GHz: Single layer 39 dB | Double layer 46 dB | Three layer 51 dB

The possibilities of dB reductions look good on paper. With peaks of 600 mW/m², I would go forward with a multiple layer paint project on my bedroom to start with and see how it goes.

jmd Posted - 12/28/2021 : 23:06:25
Thank you @Electro.

This meter just confirms what I had suspected. Inside my apartment, the RF numbers range from less than 10 to well over 60 at a peak. Different areas of the apartment will have more readings over 10 than others but for the most part, the readings are over 10 about 50% of the time. Usually around the 20s and low 30s.

The balcony is a whole different ballgame. Nothing between the meter and the cell tower so it exceeds 10 100% of the time. The highest peak was 601. Most of the time the readings bounce between the 60s and the mid 200s.

All that is left for me to decide is to stay here and try to block the RF. Or just simply move. I have a wonderful apartment with a beautiful view. That I'd hate to lose. But, I spend a lot of time on the balcony (2 plus hours per day) and there really isn't any way to block the RF there. If I could find credible data that reassured me that 2 hours of exposure time was nothing to worry about I'd stay, but I really don't think the science is in yet.

I am retired and living in SE Asia so I can pick up and go as I please.

Electro Posted - 12/28/2021 : 09:15:55
@jmd, don't worry your are not alone, I am spending many hours educating myself and trying to understand many, many things but it's interesting. The EMF-390 is REALLY pushing me into an educational journey.

If it can help you, I found this yesterday, a conversion table for the various units mW/m², uW/m², V/m I think it's helpful.
h**p://www.next-up.org/pdf/Table_Equivalences_Vm_W_mW_microW_Next_up_09_2006.pdf

(Replace the ** by tt)

@EmfDef
I am trying to figure out the total range of radio frequency that the EMF-390 can pick up and see if some bands are missing, if so, which ones.

For instance in the vertical RF mode, it's written in the middle square .24 to 10GHz.

--> What is .24? is it .24GHz or.24MHz ? (.24MHz = 240KHz)

I am trying to figure out if the meter can pick up all of the AM and Shortwave frequencies and if some frequencies ranges are missing between the lowest point of measure (240KHz?) and up to 10GHz.

In the manual, the green sensor tells that the lowest frequency it can pick up is 150K but I am not sure if it's for the RF spectrum analyzer only of for the total density from the lowest point to the highest point, 10GHz

I really don't understand the limits of the meter, I would be glad if you could help me.

Thanks.

jmd Posted - 12/28/2021 : 02:26:12
I am new here as well. I have just started using the EMF-390 v2 yesterday. Taking measurements around my studio apartment which is located 2 floors below a building-mounted cell tower and another building-mounted cell tower that is pointing directly at my apartment. This tower is about 25 higher than my apartment and less than 100 feet away.

I have no idea what I am doing so I had better get busy reading.
EmfDev Posted - 12/20/2021 : 13:57:23
hi Electro, thank you for being a member of our forum and owning EMF390!.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000