Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 GQ 390 source code for downloading

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sprezzatura Posted - 02/04/2020 : 17:53:50
Is there a sample program to talk to the GQ-390 so I can transmit commands to it? C++ preferably.

The documentation talks about a Serial Port, but the GQ-390 only has a USB connection.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jeremy_mcm Posted - 10/25/2020 : 13:44:30
Have you found this? http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/download/GQ-RFC1701.txt

quote:
Originally posted by BorisG

This thread partially answered my question which was protocol for communication via serial port. Running on Windoze and serial port shows up as COM22. Haven't tried yet to see if can get port# <16 (so can use VB6 to access), but have enough terminal emulation programs which can use to talk to EMF-390.

Would it be possible to get set of commands to use for serial port?

A bit surprised that port runs at 9600 baud - haven't seen that speed used since my early dial up modem days. Certainly fast enough for acquiring data from EMF-390 when in continuous monitoring mode. Admit have been spoiled by playing with Propeller systems where have serial transfer speeds of 115 Kbaud (although does use a full cog to get this speed).

Right now have all I need to just do monitoring via serial port but would be nice to know commands to change modes, etc. EMF Pro program doesn't seem to get along with W10 (and neither do I), as had it setup to just monitor EMF data yesterday which it did fine for a few hours but then suddenly was using about 12% of CPU time before crashing. Whether this is a W10 specific problem is unclear. Next step is to try running it under Wine on my Linux system to see if it behaves same way.

EmfDev Posted - 05/11/2020 : 12:51:11
Hi BorisG, you can try the command SETMODE[x] where [xx] = 0-5. Not sure if that is included in the protocol though. Or you can manually set the move by sending KEY[x] where [x] is 0-3. KEY0 is the S1 while K3 is the S4(power on/off) button. There is also command KEYHOLD[x] [x] = 0-3 for holding the keys. But if you cannot see the screen, you just have to predict.
BorisG Posted - 05/10/2020 : 18:41:46
This thread partially answered my question which was protocol for communication via serial port. Running on Windoze and serial port shows up as COM22. Haven't tried yet to see if can get port# <16 (so can use VB6 to access), but have enough terminal emulation programs which can use to talk to EMF-390.

Would it be possible to get set of commands to use for serial port?

A bit surprised that port runs at 9600 baud - haven't seen that speed used since my early dial up modem days. Certainly fast enough for acquiring data from EMF-390 when in continuous monitoring mode. Admit have been spoiled by playing with Propeller systems where have serial transfer speeds of 115 Kbaud (although does use a full cog to get this speed).

Right now have all I need to just do monitoring via serial port but would be nice to know commands to change modes, etc. EMF Pro program doesn't seem to get along with W10 (and neither do I), as had it setup to just monitor EMF data yesterday which it did fine for a few hours but then suddenly was using about 12% of CPU time before crashing. Whether this is a W10 specific problem is unclear. Next step is to try running it under Wine on my Linux system to see if it behaves same way.
EmfDev Posted - 02/06/2020 : 11:40:42
I see, looks like this is not intended, it is supposed to be '>>'.
sprezzatura Posted - 02/06/2020 : 09:08:23
That's not what I'm seeing. I get a response as soon as I enter the first '>'.

Ex:
<GETVER>GQ-EMF390Re 2.57
<GETEMF>EMF = 5.3 mG

(Note single terminating '>')

Not a problem.
EmfDev Posted - 02/05/2020 : 17:02:23
That's great!, the device only responds once it receives the end of command characters which is '>>'. The start of commands is '<'. You can reset the command by sending the '>>' character.
sprezzatura Posted - 02/05/2020 : 13:01:17
I have found an example of a generic program for a USB/Serial port:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtserialport-terminal-example.html

It uses the Qt development platform. Qt can create native programs for macOS or Windows.

It talks to the GQ's. You have to type the commands real slow (ex: <GETVER>>), like one keystroke every five seconds, or the GQ hangs and does not respond.
EmfDev Posted - 02/05/2020 : 09:58:51
Hi sprezzatura, we dont have published programs or C++ program but maybe someone has made programs already.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.04 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000