Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 GQ EMF Pro software Mac Install

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigtoe Posted - 10/16/2019 : 02:18:28
HI all,

Sorry for the long post in advance.

I received my GQ EMP 390 detector today. Very excited and curious about what I can and cannot do.

I am trying to get data from the detector into my MacBook laptop. I have read the documentation and attempted to make the connection. But I am unable to actually transfer data.

There are 2 parts to the installation. The device driver for the serial port connection and the software itself. I think my problem is with the driver. I am actually able to see the Pro software. See my screen shots below. When I actually connect my detector, I can see the device listed. The “connect” button becomes active (turns blue/white). However, after about 2 or 3 seconds the “connect” button becomes inactive (turns black/gray). (so hopeful and then my hopes dashed upon the rocks of despair…).

What I think the problem is -> The device driver appears to load successfully, ie, no errors. However the documentation mentions a “vendor-specific device” item that should be visible from the USB device tree via hardware settings. I see a serial device listed but it is called something else. My assumption is that MacOS is installing some type of default serial driver.

Anybody have success with data transfer with the MacOS?

Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated. THanks!

Image Insert:

62645 bytes

Image Insert:

113829 bytes

Image Insert:

84123 bytes
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joff Posted - 05/13/2021 : 10:39:38
Did you ever have any success Bigtoe?

quote:
Originally posted by bigtoe

HI all,

Sorry for the long post in advance.

I received my GQ EMP 390 detector today. Very excited and curious about what I can and cannot do.

I am trying to get data from the detector into my MacBook laptop. I have read the documentation and attempted to make the connection. But I am unable to actually transfer data.

There are 2 parts to the installation. The device driver for the serial port connection and the software itself. I think my problem is with the driver. I am actually able to see the Pro software. See my screen shots below. When I actually connect my detector, I can see the device listed. The “connect” button becomes active (turns blue/white). However, after about 2 or 3 seconds the “connect” button becomes inactive (turns black/gray). (so hopeful and then my hopes dashed upon the rocks of despair…).

What I think the problem is -> The device driver appears to load successfully, ie, no errors. However the documentation mentions a “vendor-specific device” item that should be visible from the USB device tree via hardware settings. I see a serial device listed but it is called something else. My assumption is that MacOS is installing some type of default serial driver.

Anybody have success with data transfer with the MacOS?

Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated. THanks!

Image Insert:

62645 bytes

Image Insert:

113829 bytes

Image Insert:

84123 bytes

Joff Posted - 05/13/2021 : 10:37:11
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi M3, did you follow the directions on the readme file or in the link?

Hi, I am trying to get the EMF PRO software to work on my Mac. I am getting the same problem where it doesn't seem to connect.
I tried on two Macs, the first Mojave 10.14.6 and the second on Big Sur. Big Sur says it's not compatible though.

I did try remove the serial driver and re-install it.

Any other advice as I really want to use this software?
EmfDev Posted - 04/27/2020 : 13:34:37
It would take a while since we do not have the same computer you are using.
M3 Posted - 04/27/2020 : 02:32:04
Ok, thanks. I'm looking forward to having my system working with the EMF 390.
EmfDev Posted - 04/23/2020 : 08:52:44
Hi M3 we dont know why this drive does not work on other Macs. We are still investigating this.
M3 Posted - 04/23/2020 : 05:42:46
[Hi M3, did you follow the directions on the readme file or in the link?]

Yes I did!
EmfDev Posted - 11/18/2019 : 10:44:55
Hi M3, did you follow the directions on the readme file or in the link?
M3 Posted - 11/16/2019 : 07:49:38
I have exactly the same problem. I am on El Capitan.
My whole sytem got frozen after installing the usb driver.
Meanwhile, did you check it out bigtoe?
bigtoe Posted - 10/19/2019 : 01:07:55
cool thanks. I will check it out and let you know.
EmfDev Posted - 10/18/2019 : 10:31:30
There was also no "Vendor-Specific Device" when we did it.

Here is a link on installing latest one maybe this one will help.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ch340-drivers/all

Here are also the older packages for the driver
https://sparks.gogo.co.nz/ch340.html

Please let us know if any of these work on your computer.
bigtoe Posted - 10/17/2019 : 20:36:32
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Yes, I did run the commands to remove the old serial drivers. Strange about this. If the Meter is plugged into my laptop, the serial driver is present. See the screen shot above under hardware/USB. Once I disconnect the meter from my laptop, the serial driver is not listed. My assumption is that The Mac OS is using a default driver.

I think the driver you guys supply is not getting installed correctly even though I do not see any error messages. The PDF documentation for the serial driver installation shows a screen shot and mentions the "Vendor-Specific Device". I do not see this after I try to install the serial driver. :/
EmfDev Posted - 10/17/2019 : 09:02:55
We have tested it in our older macOS and seems to have no problem or delay. Can I ask what version of MacOS you are using? Hmm have you also entered the commands to remove old serial drivers?
bigtoe Posted - 10/17/2019 : 02:49:25
Nothing happens when I click the connect button. The Connect button after about 2 seconds turns back to gray.

I can click on the other buttons(1,2,3,4 and ASCII/HEX). They change based on what I click. Also, everything responds slowly. 1 or 2 second delay when clicking. Not really an issue, just something I noticed.
EmfDev Posted - 10/16/2019 : 09:28:18
Hi bigtoe, so it is able to connect but after few seconds it disconnects? What happens if you click the connect button?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000