Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 No RF detection with wifi on (iPhone) - EMF-390

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jo Posted - 01/11/2022 : 11:10:56
Hello, I have deactivated background app refresh on my iPhone XR so basically nothing much happens in terms of RF detection when wifi is turned on on my phone but it is in idle mode (not actively used). What I don’t understand, however, is why there is no RF coming from my iPhone (0.001 mw/m2) when I receive a notification (like WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.) or when I’m writing this message. The detector is pretty close to my phone though (less than 5cm). When I use my iPad, RF is constant even with background app refresh disabled. With 3G (but especially 4G) data on, RF go through the roof whenever something happens (unlocking the phone, receiving a notification, etc). Thanks in advance for your input.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Damien68 Posted - 01/19/2022 : 02:18:57
@Jo, in idle mode, from time to time your iPhone will still exchange some status with the wifi access point to say I'm alive and connected, and also exchange some status with different servers.
Jo Posted - 01/19/2022 : 01:21:05
Ok thanks, makes sense. And it’s true that my iPhone will emit higher and more frequent RF (even in idle mode) in rooms where the wifi signal is weaker.
Damien68 Posted - 01/18/2022 : 09:13:21
maybe the RF exchanges are much more optimized on your iPhone than on your iPad to save the battery which is much smaller. necessarily that your iPhone will emit RF at least to acknowledge notifications. but it can be very short and not very observable. if the wifi is activated it must go through it, maybe also that the iphone adapts its transmission power according to the received RSSi, We can imagine that if your wifi acces point is in same room, your iPhone can emits at undetectable power levels (undetectable by a RF detector). it's only a possible theory.
maybe also it can transmits on the wifi 5GHz band, which is certainly detectable if have enought power but with a little more difficulty.
Jo Posted - 01/18/2022 : 06:43:05
Hello, what does that mean? That my iPhone actually does not emit much RF radiation? Thanks.
EmfDev Posted - 01/11/2022 : 14:49:33
It may be that the signal is very low that the EMF was not able to detect, but the phone of course has an antenna that is dedicated for specific bands can still detect weaker signals.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.03 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000