Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Measuring ELF

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Independent_Worm_Saloon Posted - 08/08/2020 : 17:25:31

I'm trying to measure ELF with my EMF-390 but I can't seem to find a function to do this. I've seen quite a few videos mention ELF but without showing how to do it. Is it possible? And if so, can someone clue me in? Thanks.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rfrazier Posted - 08/14/2020 : 19:51:14
Be sure to look at the owners manual on the company website to get familiar with the menu controls. If holding the device horizontal with the buttons to the right, the buttons are, from the top, POWER, UP, DOWN, BACK. To change screen modes, press the BACK button to get a menu. Use the arrow buttons to select a screen. Either wait for it to set or press the POWER button briefly to set. I'm assuming you're talking about magnetic fields, which this instrument refers to as EMF.
* On the all in one screen, press UP repeatedly until the main display shows EMF.
* On the vertical mode screen, and now holding vertically, press the UP button (now pointing right) until it selects EMF/EF. Press the DOWN button (now pointing left) to switch between EMF and EF.
* On the table mode screen, now holding horizontally, press the UP button until it selects EMF/EF. You can read total EMF and EMF in each axis.
* On the emf graphs screen, press the UP button until it selects EMF/EF to read total EMF or press the UP button until it selects XYZ-EMF to read the EMF in each axis.
Ron
Bill D. Posted - 08/10/2020 : 15:20:44
In table mode you can read the frequency of the EMF.
EmfDev Posted - 08/10/2020 : 09:32:41
Hello, yes it can detect ELF. Just point the device close to the source and read it with the EMF/mG from the unit.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000