New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crawfosj

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2018 :  21:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

My new (ish) 320+ has been working fine until the last few days.
I charged it up as normal via USB, the battery indicator showed 100% but when I hit the ON button nothing happens. I can plug it into USB power and it works fine.
I first tried a full nights recharge - the display says "Completed 100%" but the battery indicator is hollow (i.e. no charge)
Tried removing the battery and factory reset without any luck.
Checked the battery and only getting 1.4v across it, so is it likely to be the charging circuit or the battery? My vote would be the circuit but not 100% sure.
Any ideas out there?

Cheers from Oz, Stu.

Stuart Crawford
Reply #1

ikerrg

United Kingdom
334 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2018 :  00:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not see how the battery could have been discharged below around 2.9 V. 1.4 V is a voltage level that for sure has damaged the lithium ion battery, and it is unlikely to happen if the battery is not already damaged (the device should stop working well before reaching that voltage). So, unless you have been in that situation for a long time and the battery has auto-discharged to 1.4 V (odd), my guess is that the problem is in the battery. Can you charge it somewhere else? An AA lithium-ion battery should be easy to find though.

On the other hand, have you checked the battery type in the 320+ menu? Just as a quick check, because I had problems with that setting in my 500+ before they removed it in the last firmware version.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  13:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The battery shouldn't have been drained to that voltage because the unit turns off by itself if it reaches 3V.
How long did you have the GMC-320? Did you try to check if there is current consumption through the battery when it's off?
And as ikerrg said, there is a menu for battery type, check if it's set to rechargeable.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

crawfosj

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  19:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks fellas,
You're right, new battery and it's working fine. (Checked the battery settings in the menu just to be sure and it's set on 'rechargeable')
What would kill an Li 14650 though? I've only had the 320+ for 10 months or so and doesn't get much use, battery just suddenly dumped it's charge.
Anything to do with the charger I'm using - 5V, 1000mA - shouldn't be a problem though should it?
I'll check if there's anything going through it when it's off, but otherwise seems fixed (for now...)
Cheers.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  09:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that charger should be fine. Maybe try to not let the device turn off by itself because of low battery. It shouldn't cause
problems though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000