GMC320 plus gone wild
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charlie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  07:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I setup two locations since Before Thanksgiving and after. My house has some data that should go to the location I am at my uncles house, were I broke his router and had to reconfig it and while I was visiting, I showed off my Geiger Counter and how I can get internet from the wifi built in the counter. So, I used my uranium specimen really tiny stone oxidation turned it yellow and I put the counter next to the bottom of the meter, I took it about 10 minutes to reach 12000 CPM, and again I said this in my other posts, I would be dead with the amount of radiation the counter shows Its reading it. I turned off the counter and let it sit for an hour
. It came back to reading normal background radiation. But I was not done testing it. I put the uranium back in its container and I set the GMC320 NExt to the container not on it buy next to it. In 2 minutes it reached 39 CPM, a little high so I took the counter with me to say good by to my exwife and daughter in the rain. The counter started reading 120CPM and I got the counter wet, but not totally wet and then it started to reach 8500 CPM. I was freaking out like maybe I was getting radiation from the rain but I figure I would be very sick if the readings were true. I just decided to let the counter give the false reports and let my cell phones SSID programed into the counter. The counter got whacky after 12,000 CPM and I couldn't turn it off and lost data trying to calm the GMC. Finally wad able to turn off the alarm and speaker. The LED was the only sign that it was alive. I let it count until 6:30AM, I have been up since Thursday and couldn't sleep so I was researching stuff on the web through my Nokia Windows phone using $265 At&t service working I guess and the counter, I decided to blow with my breath the counter tube through the vents and sure enough, The CPM got down to 240CPM, I HOPE to see the history of this event. I took the counter outside in the rain and had a smoke. The CPM was rising from 140CPM to 7750 CPM. Were I put the uranium way far away to not contaminate me or my poor GMC320. I guess I will blow the counter tube and watch it drop and be questioning this magnificent device. So, I would be dead if the CPMs were real. I live near west crest park in Seattle, and I'm visiting my uncle and father in Bothell and there are two really hot ratings of radiation that the GMC320Plus is counting. After I get my counter sane, I would like to clean up my messy data. But for now, I am using Just one counter to measure around me using MP2969i my cell phones hot spot and an going to be mobile and want to do rearch. I turned the counting to one minute. I think after I has set up three seconds was hard on the GM WORLD MAP.

Best Regards

Charles Packard
206-326-0264
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  15:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is good if you have two Geiger Counters. That can confirm the reading each other.
Always to second reading if your first reading is abnormal.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Charlie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2016 :  18:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, my GMC320 is malfunctioning. There is a way to calibrate it? I turned off the meter and it gives normal radiation levels, but in a few minutes it climbed to 4500 com and then to 12000 later on. I blow at the tube and it reads way less down to 100 com and then in a few minutes back to 12000. I need my counter to be accurate? Is there something I can do to fix this meter that is showing radiation.

Best Regards

Charles Packard
206-326-0264
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Distelzombie

Germany
202 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  08:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. This is not calibrateable. You need to fix it unfortunately.

GMC-300E+ V4.20 with sbt-11a alpha tube

My statements are "stuff-a-hobbyist-says" and not in any way professional.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000