New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ClintBarton

France
1 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2018 :  07:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I already own the case and power supply, but my power supply is about 6 years old (been running my NAS basically 24/7 since then). Do power supplies get less efficient or anything over time? I actually think my power supply might be outright failing, and I'm hoping to do some testing of it this weekend. I was just curious if:
A) anyone would recommend that I NOT use my old power supply given how old it is
B) does anyone have any recommendations for a good power supply? I'm looking in the sub $100 and I think my setup can get into the 300W range once I add all 6 hard drives.
Of course, if anyone has any other suggestions about other parts in the build that is fine. FYI, I am running UnRAID with a few applications like Plex and I am going to play around a little bit with VMs.

Edited by - ClintBarton on 06/12/2018 07:05:05
Reply #1

tinasingh

India
2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2018 :  03:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to look for power supply before using every beauty devices like wax heater, hair straightener, curlier, drier, hair spa, massage machines in the beauty parlor because we can't take it lightly sometimes it should be risky.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000