Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Current Firmware for GMC Meters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stargazer 40 Posted - 12/12/2018 : 05:47:33
I wanted to suggest that GQ create and maintain a sticky thread that shows GMC model number and current firmware revision available from GQ. I believe I am already woefully behind give that GQ is working on data file formatting issues and bug repair and while I haven't been doing a lot of history recording, I do see that I will be moving in that direction. Also I wanted to second ikerrg's request for a parameter file that can load specific display, calibration and dead time information after new firmware is installed. Resetting especially the calibration info is really a bit tedious. No rush on the latter, especially with Xmas sales in play and GQ very busy, but the firmware status for each meter would be appreciated (with brief statement of what changed).

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
halo jones Posted - 03/06/2019 : 15:34:19
Thank you! Update was easy, just run the file you'll get via download link and follow some instructions. Firmware 2.03 for GMC-600+ seems to fix "fast estimate time" bug and maybe some minor bugs too from FW 2.00, some testing still needed but it seems to be much more solid product now.
EmfDev Posted - 03/06/2019 : 14:14:42
Hi staze, did you get a reply already from support?
EmfDev Posted - 03/06/2019 : 13:23:58
Hi halo_jones, can you please send your serial number again to support. I just told them know about your issue and they said it could be server issues that they didn't receive your serial number. Please let me know after you've sent the email so I can let them know. Sorry for the inconvenience.
halo jones Posted - 03/06/2019 : 13:17:30
Great idea! I emailed them and they replied very quickly asking the serial number of the device. I gave it to them, and then - nothing. I waited for few days, then asked what should I do now, and - nothing, just no reply. It has been well over a week now. What is going on? How do you obtain the new firmware and how do you install it anyway? My GMC-600+ has serious bugs regarding "fast estimate time" (like other people have said too), and some minor bugs too. I want a reliable meter for a serious job. Readings way off what they should be are just not acceptable for a geiger counter/dosimeter! Ebay is asking for a review of the device, what should I say? I'd like to write the review with fully functioning device and give it five stars, but maybe I'll wait just few days more, then I'll write just what has happened and caution people if necessary.
staze Posted - 03/04/2019 : 15:18:29
I can't even get a response when I email asking for firmware updates. =/
n8xyn Posted - 01/01/2019 : 14:35:07
I agree also, I've sent 2 emails this week for 2 devices.... I have no clue how often I should do that...
ullix Posted - 12/13/2018 : 00:21:00
Bravo!
ikerrg Posted - 12/12/2018 : 10:46:21
I fully support this good idea! A list of latest firmware (with latest changes, or even on-going changes for the next revision) would be really useful for the users.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000