Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC 600+: Dosimeter Question and „Fast Estimate Ti

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Omega-Man Posted - 11/05/2018 : 12:35:50
Hi Guys,

I bought the GMC 600+, it is my first geiger counter, so I am a little low on experience. After playing around with it for 2 weeks now, I am understanding the fuctions and features, but still have 2 things I cant explain myself:

The "Fast Estimate Time“ feature

I unterstand that it defines the time base on which the CPM or uSv/h are calculated. This works well and is plausible for 20s, 30s and 60s

But as soon as I choose 15s or below the values jump from 50CPM to 300CPM like crazy, mostly way over 100 CPM in my house, where I usually get 30-45 CPM in average with the 60s mode.

Is this a software problem?

The Dosimeter Function

When I switch to "Text Mode“, I can get the „"Total uSv“... is that the dosimeter? Because if yes, it also counts backwards... but a dosimeter should always count forwards I assume....

Anybody got any clues?

Thanks a lot!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kiwi-Rob Posted - 11/10/2018 : 06:18:25
Omega-Man, Please let me know how you get on with getting the update. I have 2.0 and was told there is no update?!
Omega-Man Posted - 11/06/2018 : 07:52:28
Thanks a lot, just wrote the email.
Stargazer 40 Posted - 11/06/2018 : 04:19:30
Current version for the 600 series is 2.1 (as I hope that ZLM will confirm). The high counts you mention at low time intervals has been noticed before and corrected in most recent version. To obtain that you need to locate your serial number, again a menu item on the 'About' page, and email that to support@gqelectronicsllc.com, requesting the most recent firmware. You will get a file back. With the 600+ connected by USB cable (must install driver for that from Download section of GQ website) you run that file and the firmware will be updated. Should solve your problem.
Omega-Man Posted - 11/05/2018 : 22:37:42
Sorry, I got the 1.18 Version
Stargazer 40 Posted - 11/05/2018 : 14:58:18
@Omega-man - Firmware version is found under main menu list under 'About', then select 'Revision'
ZLM Posted - 11/05/2018 : 13:31:25
May I know what is your unit firmware version?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000