Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-320 Plus V5 - wifi module problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leescratchwood Posted - 07/28/2017 : 08:15:44
I bought a GMC-320 Plus V5 with an integrated ESP8266 as serial-to-wifi bridge recently. I managed to configure the WLAN connection properly so that the device could send data to the GMCmap.
Out of a sudden the internet connection was cut. Reconnection shows a "wifi module error". I have performed several factory resets, removed the battery and tried to program the GMC via the terminal function of data viewer software.
The GMC-320 Plus V5 reacts to <xxx>> commands properly,
but does not behave correctly when getting "AT" commands.
To any AT command I get 00hex back.
Any clues?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 01/11/2018 : 17:30:46
You can resolder it. This will not void the warranty.

Also, do Reset WiFi module from the menu.
imbroglio Posted - 01/08/2018 : 13:53:10
My GMC-320 Plus V5 is also experiencing the same Wifi Module Error message and will not even display the MAC address.

I removed and reinstalled the wifi unit and it did work for about 5 minutes but then again stopped.

I also did notice very bad soldering on some of the 16 contact points. I am wondering if I were to resolder the contacts but the wifi module error still persists and I would need to return the unit if this void my warranty?
leescratchwood Posted - 08/07/2017 : 12:39:57
Since it worked before and the fact that this is a very, very hot summer here in central Europe I suspected a thermal issue/cold contact. Hence, I decided to resolder the 16 contacts of the ESP-07 module. Actually, there was very little solder on the contacts and there may have been a cold contact between the ESP-07 module and the underlying PCB that holds the 2x4 pin connector. This resoldering finally brought my WIFI module back to life.

Thanks to ZLM for pointing out the very very final solution (i.e. contact support of gqelectronic for a warranty claim)
ZLM Posted - 08/04/2017 : 22:14:45
It seems either WiFi module or unit has problem.

You can write email to support@gqelectronicsllc.com for the warranty.
leescratchwood Posted - 08/01/2017 : 21:46:57
I removed and reinstalled the WIFI module. Unfortunately no change. "Wifi module error" is still persistent? Any proposal what to do next?

Image Insert:

221806 bytes
ZLM Posted - 07/30/2017 : 18:56:59
Try to remove the WiFi module and reinstall again. just in case there are any contacting problem.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.04 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000